Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
these cookies need to sit overnight in the refrigerator so plan accordingly..
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Crisco
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1 large egg white, slightly beaten
- red food coloring
- in large bowl, combine 3/4 cup crisco with sugar.add egg and almond extract.mix well.
- sift flour with baking powder, and blend into creamed mixture --
- divide dough into 3 portions.
- to one portion, add 1 tbls crisco and cocoa --
- to another bowl, add a few drops of red food coloring and strawberry extract -- blend well.
- with plastic wrap, line a loaf pan about 3x6" and 2" deep --
- press chocolate dough into bottom of pan, brush with egg white.press white dough over chocolate dough, brush with egg white, then press strawberry dough on top and brush with egg white --
- wrap plastic wrap around the three layers to cover.
- chill several hours in refrigerator.
- preheat oven to 375*.
- remove dough and cut into 1/4" slices.
- bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes or firm.
- transfer to wire rack to cool.
such a cool idea, i love the ice cream, now i can eat it in a cookie! thanks for the recipe! :)