Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I wanted to make a refrigerator cake for a potluck at work BUT I didnt have the correct ingredients to make either one of the two I wanted to make SO presto chango combine the two to get one!!! I brought home an empty pan so that should tell you something!! (cooking time does not include cooling time)
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box2 layer size white cake mix with pudding
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 egg whites
- 2 (10 ounce) packagessliced frozen strawberries, thawed or 20 ounces fresh berries, slightly sweetened
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- fresh strawberries (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 13x9 pan.
- Mix cake mix, water, margarine and egg whites together until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- When cool poke holes 1 inch apart into cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Puree strawberries in blender until smooth.
- Spoon evenly over top of cake, allowing to soak into holes.
- For topping, mix pudding and milk until smooth in large bowl.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Spread over cake.
- Decorate with fresh berries.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Store refrigerated.
Laurie, this is a great recipe!! I did use frozen strawberries but used the fresh for decoration. Everyone loved this and it is so easy! Thanks for a great recipe!