Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 cups nonfat milk
- 9 ounces unflavored gelatin, 3 envelopes
- 2⁄3 cup powdered chocolate milk mix
- 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener, blend for baking or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup powdered strawberry milk mix
- In small saucepan, bring milk and gelatin to boil over medium-high heat. Stir often until gelatin is dissolved.
- Divide into three (1-cup) portions by pouring into three bowls.
- In one bowl, stir in chocolate powder until dissolved. In second bowl, stir in sugar blend and vanilla until dissolved. In third bowl, stir in strawberry powder until dissolved.
- Pour chocolate mixture into 8-inch-square baking pan. Refrigerate 25 minutes or until firm to touch but not sticky. Gently spoon vanilla mixture over chocolate mixture. Refrigerate 25 minutes or until firm to touch but not sticky. Spoon strawberry mixture, again gently, over vanilla mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Remove squares with spatula, or dip bottom of pan in hot water 2 seconds and invert pan onto serving platter.
- Makes 25 squares.
- Note: Timing is important. If layers get too chilled, they do not stick together. Also, layers left at room temperature too long start to firm up.