Recipe by Darlene10
This is a great tasting cake and really looks good. It is also very easy to put together. I haven't made this cake for a long time and just ran across it in my files and thought I would share it with you. I believe I got this recipe from my sister.
Top Review by hkcurry
What a great cake! My 7 year old son helped make this, and we had a blast! It was really easy and came out soft and moist. I followed the recipe just as written. This cake is great with a cup of coffee in the morning, or with neapolitan ice cream for dessert! We'll definately make it again!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 (410 g) package white cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup nesquik strawberry milk mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup quick powdered chocolate milk mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350° (325° for coloured fluted tube pan).
- Using solid shortening or margarine (not oil), grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan (non-stick finish pan, too).
- In large bowl, blend cream cheese and eggs until smooth.
- Blend in cake mix and milk.
- Beat 2 minutes at highest speed.
- Add strawberry milk drink mix to 2 cups batter; pour into prepared pan.
- Stir vanilla into 2 cups batter; pour over strawberry batter.
- Add chocolate milk drink mix to remaining batter; pour over vanilla batter.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool upright in pan 45 minutes.
- Loosen edges; remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
- If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with ice cream and chocolate sauce.