Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a meatless version. It is a nice touch to drizzle a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil just before baking. Stacey
- 6 canned plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- mix well.
- spread over 1 12-inch pizza shell.
- smooth sauce evenly out to crust with the back of a spoon.
I am a 54 yr old Italian that was teathed on pizza crust, and have never, seen had or made sauce with meat in it, My family is from Palermo,And 1/3 are or were in the buisness, give me a recipe with meat in it...