Recipe by 352lillian
"Ready, Set, Cook! Contest Entry" A quick classic lasagna with a quick ragu and plenty of fresh vegetables. It's an easy cleanup if you lined the baking dish with Reynolds foil.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 slices lean bacon, diced
- 1 lb ground beef round (90/10% lean to fat ratio)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles (12 sheets)
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot, red pepper, zucchini, and bacon and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the beef and cook, breaking up with a spoon, about 10 minutes, until browned.
- Add the marinara sauce and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the white sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, whisk in the flour, and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk. Cook, whisking often, until the sauce boils. Stir in the ricotta cheese and season with salt and pepper if desired and nutmeg. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a large rectangular (9 x 13 in) baking dish with heavy-duty Reynolds foil, leaving a little overhand on all four sides. Spread 1/4 cup of the white sauce on the bottom. Arrange 3 lasagna sheets in the dish and top with one third of the ragu and 1/2 cup of the white sauce. Repeat layers twice more. Top with 3 lasagna sheets, the remaining white sauce, and the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the top is golden and bubbling. Let stand 10 minutes, then serve hot.