Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Easy and oh so good!
- 1 (15 ounce) canpitted black cherries, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- neapolitan ice cream
- slivered almonds (optional)
- 8 italian amaretti cookies, 2 per person (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring cherry juice, about 1 cup, to a boil over moderate high heat.
- Whisk in sugar and cornstarch in lemon juice to create a slurry.
- To juice, add slurry and let thicken 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add cherries and stir 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle cherries in cherry sauce on dessert plates and top with ice cream.
- Slivered almonds and amaretti cookies make a nice finishing touch.
So simple and delightful! I didn't have any cookie, so I crashed some cereals to sprinkle over cherry sauce and ice cream. This is so freaking delicious! KEEPER! Thank you for the recipe!
Oh my gosh this is great! I'm serving it tonight with hot chocolate souffles and plain vanilla ice-cream, and I'm so much more looking forward to my dessert than my dinner tonight ;)
Oh, YUM!!! This was so simple and yet such a tasty, delightful end to a dinner. I look forward to serving this for dessert for company in the future! Thanks for such a treat!