1/1 Photo of Neapolitan Cookies
4 hrs 10 mins
Colorful and very tasty Italian-style cookies, wonderful all year round but especially nice during the holidays! :) Prep time includes chilling for the dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line the bottom of a loaf pan with waxed paper.
- 2With an electric mixer combine flour, sugar, butter, egg, baking powder, vanilla, and salt; beat for 3 minutes.
- 3Divide the cookie dough into 3 equal parts.
- 4Part 1: mix in the almond or hazelnut extract and 5 drops red food coloring (this is the pink/red dough).
- 5Part 2: mix in the chopped walnuts or pistachios (this is the white dough).
- 6Part 3: mix in the cocoa (this is the brown dough).
- 7Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 8In the loaf pan, spread each part of the dough one on top of the other, pink, white, and chocolate; cover the pan and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 9After chilling, turn out the dough from the pan and cut loaf lengthwise in half, then crosswise, then cut pieces of dough to make about 15 cookies from each piece.
- 10Bake each batch for 8-10 minutes.
- 11Makes about 60 cookies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neapolitan Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.3
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 45.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g