1 hr 15 mins
Sassy in da South's Note:
I serve this with a salad and garlic bread. I love dinner in a dish meals and this one fits the bill. So Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1Wash chicken and dry.
- 2Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3In a large skillet or two add around 2 Tbls. of oil and brown chicken on both sides.
- 4Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- 5Add remaining oil and sauté leeks and garlic for 3 minutes.
- 6Add sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms and artichokes for another 2 minutes.
- 7Place the chicken back in the skillet.
- 8Sprinkle basil and oregano all over the chicken.
- 9Add broth and cook covered for about 30 minutes.
- 10In a separate bowl mix cornstarch and water and slowly add to chicken.
- 11Cover and cook another 10 to 15 minutes until chicken in thoroughly cooked.
- 12Plate the chicken on a serving dish and pour over sauce with vegetables.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neapolitan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 881.0
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 899.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 62.3 g