Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I serve this with a salad and garlic bread. I love dinner in a dish meals and this one fits the bill. So Yummy!
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Wash chicken and dry.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet or two add around 2 Tbls. of oil and brown chicken on both sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and sauté leeks and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms and artichokes for another 2 minutes.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet.
- Sprinkle basil and oregano all over the chicken.
- Add broth and cook covered for about 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix cornstarch and water and slowly add to chicken.
- Cover and cook another 10 to 15 minutes until chicken in thoroughly cooked.
- Plate the chicken on a serving dish and pour over sauce with vegetables.