Cook1 hr 8 mins
Creamy and rich, this cheesecake is a show stopper. It has three beautiful layers of cheesecake - strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. It tastes heavenly and the flavors blend well together. Topped with a chocolate glaze it is really an indulgence that will receive many compliments - before and definitely after eating it! The recipe was printed in Taste of Home magazine and submitted by Sherri Regalbuto.
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine, melted,divided
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 2 1⁄2 ounces white chocolate baking squares, divided
- 1⁄3 cup mashed sweetened strawberry
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- Combine crumbs and 3 tablespoons of butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in.
- springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes; Cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Divide into three portions, about 1 2/3 cups each.
- Melt 2 squares semisweet chocolate (I microwave them at 50% power for 1-2 minutes to get them melted); stir into one portion of the batter.
- Melt 2 squares of white chocolate; stir into second portion.
- Stir strawberries into the remaining batter.
- Spread semisweet mixture evenly over crust.
- Carefully spread white chocolate mixture onto chocolate mixture, then strawberry mixture.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300 degrees.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until center is nearly set.
- Remove from oven; immediately run a knife around edge.
- Cool; remove from pan.
- Melt remaining semisweet chocolate, remaining butter and 1 teaspoon of shortening; cool for 2 minutes.
- Pour over cake.
- Melt remaining white chocolate and shortening then drizzle over glaze.
- Refrigerate until cold before serving.