This is a lovely, if a little time consuming dessert. It is hard to find raspberry sherbet here, so we use strawberry ice cream instead. I've kept the recipe as the original however.
- Chill a tall 2-L bombe or fancy metal mold.
- Allow the chocolate ice cream to soften slightly in the refrigerator.
- Line the bottom and sides of the mold with ice cream, using the back of a spoon to pack is smoothly and evenly.
- Freeze until firm.
- Line the ice cream with a layer of slightly softened sherbet., again packing it firmly and leaving the center of the mold hollow.
- Return to freezer until firm.
- Meanwhile, soak pineapple fruit and raisins in rum at least ½ hour.
- Soften vanilla ice cream slightly and quickly mix in the fruit. Pack into center of mold, cover with foil and return to freezer for 12 hours.
- To un-mold, dip mold in warm water for a few seconds and invest on to chilled serving plate.
- Place in freezer to firm again.