1/1 Photo of Neapolitan Bombe
2 hrs 30 mins
This is a lovely, if a little time consuming dessert. It is hard to find raspberry sherbet here, so we use strawberry ice cream instead. I've kept the recipe as the original however.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chill a tall 2-L bombe or fancy metal mold.
- 2Allow the chocolate ice cream to soften slightly in the refrigerator.
- 3Line the bottom and sides of the mold with ice cream, using the back of a spoon to pack is smoothly and evenly.
- 4Freeze until firm.
- 5Line the ice cream with a layer of slightly softened sherbet., again packing it firmly and leaving the center of the mold hollow.
- 6Return to freezer until firm.
- 7Meanwhile, soak pineapple fruit and raisins in rum at least ½ hour.
- 8Soften vanilla ice cream slightly and quickly mix in the fruit. Pack into center of mold, cover with foil and return to freezer for 12 hours.
- 9To un-mold, dip mold in warm water for a few seconds and invest on to chilled serving plate.
- 10Place in freezer to firm again.
Nutritional Facts for Neapolitan Bombe
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.6
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 66.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: