Recipe by Heather3271
From A Taste of Italy (1996) by The American Cooking Guild: "Late-summer tomatoes are intensely sweet and taste great. Serve the baked tomatoes as a side dish or chop into coarse pieces and toss with 1/2 pound of cooked thin spaghetti. Season with salt, pepper, and extra grated cheese."
Top Review by kymberlicline
Yum! Great simple recipe for this cooking novice! Made two baked tomatoes with intention on eating half of one, and using the other 1 and a half with pasta - gobbled them all up as a nice summer meal! Thank you!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, vine-ripened, cut in half (about 3 large)
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs, grated (12 tbsp)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh herb, minced (basil, parsley, marjoram)
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (12 tbsp) or 3⁄4 cup asiago cheese, shredded (12 tbsp)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- 2 -3 anchovies, chopped