From A Taste of Italy (1996) by The American Cooking Guild: "Late-summer tomatoes are intensely sweet and taste great. Serve the baked tomatoes as a side dish or chop into coarse pieces and toss with 1/2 pound of cooked thin spaghetti. Season with salt, pepper, and extra grated cheese."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs tomatoes, vine-ripened, cut in half (about 3 large)
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs, grated (12 tbsp)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup fresh herb, minced (basil, parsley, marjoram)
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese (12 tbsp) or 3/4 cup asiago cheese, shredded (12 tbsp)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- 2 -3 anchovies, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Put tomatoes in an oiled baking dish, cut sides up.
- 3Combine remaining ingredients and sprinkle each tomato with an equal portion.
- 4Bake 30 minutes or until crusty. Tomatoes will be soft yet hold a shape.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neapolitan Baked Tomatoes With Basil & Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.2
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 344.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: