Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Speciality of the Ristorante D'Angelo, Naples, Italy according to the newspaper clipping out of my grandmother's recipe box. Recipe has been updated.
- 1 lb lasagna noodles or 1 lb other wide egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce with meat
- 1⁄2 lb ricotta cheese or 1⁄2 lb cottage cheese, drained
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 lb grated cheese (Parmesan, Romano or Pecorino)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook wide or broad noodles 15 to 20 minutes in rapidly boiling salted water until tender, but not soft, and drain.
- Pour ½ cup of pasta sauce in baking dish or pan, Sprinkle with the crushed red pepper flakes, cover with about ½ of the noodles, sprinkle with grated Parmesan, a layer of sauce, dabs of Ricotta and then a layer of Mozzarella.
- Place in a preheated oven at 375F for 60 minutes. Stick a knife in the middle and check internal temperature. It should be very hot but if not, leave in for another 15 minute.
- Let stand for 10 min outside the oven before serving.
This was very good tasting and easy to make. My family enoyed this meal. I did not rate this higher because it seems that the directions are incomplete. I was able to guess since I have made lasagna many times. I would like to see this recipe completed and then try it. At that time I suspect it will receive another star or perhaps two!! Thanks for posting and I look forward to trying this again when it has been revised. :D