Recipe by Member #610488
Speciality of the Ristorante D'Angelo, Naples, Italy according to the newspaper clipping out of my grandmother's recipe box. Recipe has been updated.
Top Review by Alskann
This was very good tasting and easy to make. My family enoyed this meal. I did not rate this higher because it seems that the directions are incomplete. I was able to guess since I have made lasagna many times. I would like to see this recipe completed and then try it. At that time I suspect it will receive another star or perhaps two!! Thanks for posting and I look forward to trying this again when it has been revised. :D
- 1 lb lasagna noodles or 1 lb other wide egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce with meat
- 1⁄2 lb ricotta cheese or 1⁄2 lb cottage cheese, drained
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 lb grated cheese (Parmesan, Romano or Pecorino)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook wide or broad noodles 15 to 20 minutes in rapidly boiling salted water until tender, but not soft, and drain.
- Pour ½ cup of pasta sauce in baking dish or pan, Sprinkle with the crushed red pepper flakes, cover with about ½ of the noodles, sprinkle with grated Parmesan, a layer of sauce, dabs of Ricotta and then a layer of Mozzarella.
- Place in a preheated oven at 375F for 60 minutes. Stick a knife in the middle and check internal temperature. It should be very hot but if not, leave in for another 15 minute.
- Let stand for 10 min outside the oven before serving.