1/2 Photos of N'dizi No Kastad (Banana Custard, Zanzibar Style)
1 hr 10 mins
The topping is the thing here. Besides the banana, pineapple, crushed or diced, may be added or substituted for the banana; you also may add some orange sections. Since Zanzibar is the Spice Island, the strong use of cloves and cinnamon as garnish add greatly to the authenticity as well as the flavor of the dish. Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If a mix is used, prepare the vanilla pudding or custard.
- 2Slice the bananas and heap in 6 to 8 champagne or other wine glasses.
- 3Spoon the custard over the bananas.
- 4Chill and permit the custard to set.
- 5Mix the topping ingredients together; place a heaping tablespoonful of the topping on each pudding.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for N'dizi No Kastad (Banana Custard, Zanzibar Style)
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 408.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 49.7 g
- Protein 6.0 g