Recipe by *Parsley*
ANother recipe from my Canadian pal. Please note: this clam chowder is not thick in texture (no flour or cornstarch), and not meant to be. I increased the amount of clams;) and added some seasonings.
Top Review by susie cooks
I followed the recipe exactly except I garnished it with crumbled bacon. This was so fast and easy to put together! I like the fact that it is not so creamy because with the warm weather it was not as heavy and filling. Nice quick dinner!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup diced raw potato
- 20 ounces chopped canned clams, WITH the juice
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot, melt butter. Saute onion and celery until soft, but not brown.
- Add hot water, and diced potato. Bring just to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 12 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Add clams and juice, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and parsley.
- Simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.