Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The BEST bread pudding as made by the bread pudding experts - Louisana folk!
- 3 loaves French bread (stale)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup nutmeats (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (semi-optional)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons rum
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat eggs, add sugar and spices and beat again.
- Add milk and beat again.
- Stir in raisins an nutmeats or any other canned or dried fruit except pineapple(eggs must be increased if pineapple is added.)
- Cube bread, pour beaten mixture over bread in baking pan. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until the center firms.
- Rum Sauce. Beat egg yolks, add confectioner's sugar, continue beating, slowly add rum. Beat whipping cream separately until it gets firm, add vanilla. Fold egg mixture into whipping cream.