Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my husband's favorite way to fix navy beans.
- 8 ounces dried navy beans
- 3 cups water
- 2 -3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 large onion, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large beef bouillon cubes or 2 small beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- Mix everything together in pressure cooker. Cook for 15-20 minutes after it begins to hiss.
- If using a regular pot cook the beans for 45-60 minutes.
Really liked the flavor. Did not add the extra salt as I felt the cubes were enough. Added celery and carrots because I love veggies.
Wonderful taste, and loved this with the turmeric and paprika. These turned out so delightfully elegant, and tasteful we two helpings! Served with some chicken, but I agree with another reviewer to add some kind of chorizo sausage too! Made for ZWT6 Zee Zesties!
Great recipe full of flavor and taste!