Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Slow cooker and WW Core soup
Make and share this Navy Beans and Bacon Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Soak beans in 2 cups of cold water for 8 hours or overnight.
- After beans have soaked, drain, and place in slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except milk, to slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on low 7-9 hours or until beans are crisp-tender.
- Place 2 cups cooked bean mixture into blender. Process until smooth. Return to slow cooker.
- Add milk. Cover and heat on high 10 minutes.
Very good and easy to make! I omitted the milk and it was great. Served over brown rice.
I came across this recipe as I did a search for "Navy Beans". I've had a package in my pantry for quite some time and decided it was finally time to use them. I'm so happy I found this recipe. It was easy to make and tasted great. I served it with some nice crusty bread. Even the kids enjoyed it. Must be the bacon :)