- 1 1⁄2 cups dried navy beans
- 2 cups cold water
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian spices
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (46 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans in 2 cups of cold water for 8 hours or overnight.
- After beans have soaked, drain, and place in slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except milk, to slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on low 7-9 hours or until beans are crisp-tender.
- Place 2 cups cooked bean mixture into blender. Process until smooth. Return to slow cooker.
- Add milk. Cover and heat on high 10 minutes.