Prep 12 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Recipe posted by request.
Make and share this Navy Bean Soup-Pressure Cooker recipe from Food.com.
- Soak beans overnight in vegetable oil, salt and water to cover.
- Drain and discard liquid.
- Place beans and all remaining ingredients in cooker.
- Close cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe and cook 30 minutes at 15 pounds pressure.
- Let pressure drop of its own accord.
I used this recipe as my first with my new pressure cooker and couldn't be more happy with the results. The taste was wonderful and the soup was fragrant. The only change I made was to add a clove of garlic. Thanks Diana
No need to add the oil when soaking the beans. The oil floats to the top and serves no purpose, so I omitted it from the recipe. Other than that, this makes a pretty good soup!
This is really good! I did soak my beans overnight but omitted the oil and added a half tablespoon red pepper flakes to give it a little heat. I didn't have a green bell pepper only a red...added four cloves of sliced garlic as well. Go easy on the salt since the ham shank can be on the salty side. Next time I think I'll add some greens (chard, kale) to it to make it even more nutritious.