Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Rich slow simmered bean soup flavored with bacon
Make and share this Navy Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Brown diced bacon, set aside.
- In 2 tablespoons af bacon drippings saute onion and celery till tender.
- Add all ingredients to a large dutch oven and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove lid and simmer additional 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until beans are very tender and soup is thickened, stirring occationally.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.