Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
great tasting soup on a cool night.
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, divided
- 3 (15 ounce) cans navy beans, liquid reserved
- 1 carrot
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Cook bacon in skillet, drain and crumble. Reserve about 2 crumbled slices for garnish.
- Cut carrot in half lengthwise, and then slice.
- In a 5-6 quart slow cooker, combine beans, carrot, celery, onion, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, 1 cup water, and most of crumbled bacon and stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Ladle 2 cups soup mixture into food processor or blender and process til smooth.
- Return to cooker, add cream of chicken soup and stir to mix.
- Turn heat to HIGH and cook another 10-15 minutes.
This was good but very salty for us. I followed the recipe as written other then mine was cooked in less then four hours.
Simple to make soup. This only took about 4 hours in my crockpot, but every crock is different. I love that it used canned beans, as I hate soaking them. I thought it was a bit too salty. Maybe adding some potato would help to absorb some of the salt from the broth and canned soups. I put a few shots of hot sauce in my bowl. Made and Reviewed for Zaar Tag - Thanks! :)