1/1 Photo of Navy Bean Soup
This hearty, delicious soup is full of fiber and protein and so delicious on a cold day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In the bottom of your pot, saute celery, garlic, carrot, onion, and bacon until the bacon is cooked through and the vegetables are soft.
- 2Add navy beans and chicken broth to the vegetables.
- 3Simmer until heated through.
- 4Add seasoning to taste.
- 5Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes or so.
- 6If soup gets too thick, add more chicken broth.
- 7Discard bacon.
- 8Remove half of soup and place in a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times and add mixture back to the pot.
- 9Serve with fresh chopped green onions. Can substitue other fresh onions if desired.
- 10Diced ham may be substituted for bacon and left in the soup.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Navy Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.1
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 573.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 14.5 g