Recipe by James Craig
This recipe was originally published in the "Arizona Republic" newspaper. Prep and cooking time assumes you have already cooked the beans and the egg.
- 2 cups cooked white navy beans
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley
- chopped dill
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 hard-boiled egg, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- After cooking, drain the beans and set aside.
- (If using canned beans, rinse gently without smashing the beans).
- Place the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a salad bowl and blend thoroughly.
- Add the beans and mix well.
- Scatter chopped parsley, dill, and scallions over the beans.
- Garnish with quartered tomatoes and egg.