1/4 Photos of Navy Bean Pie (Muslim)
I got hooked on the Bean Pie I used to get from the Muslim bakery back home, so had to try and recreate it! This is very good and reminds me of pumpkin pie, except it's made from beans. :-) (To get the beans smoothly mashed, I would recommend a food processor).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Combine eggs and evaporated milk in a bowl.
- 3Add beans, sugar and all spices.
- 4Beat at low speed of a mixer until well blended.
- 5Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- 6Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 7Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Serve warm with whipped cream or you can even enjoy it cold. :-).
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Navy Bean Pie (Muslim)
Serving Size: 1 (1070 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2505.9
- Calories from Fat 825
- Total Fat 91.7 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 445.0 mg
- Sodium 3374.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 357.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 47.2 g
- Sugars 152.4 g
- Protein 71.1 g