I got hooked on the Bean Pie I used to get from the Muslim bakery back home, so had to try and recreate it! This is very good and reminds me of pumpkin pie, except it's made from beans. :-) (To get the beans smoothly mashed, I would recommend a food processor).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine eggs and evaporated milk in a bowl.
- Add beans, sugar and all spices.
- Beat at low speed of a mixer until well blended.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or you can even enjoy it cold. :-).