I haven't made this in a few years, it makes for good gifts! Total time does not include for soaking beans overnight, but prep time includes a rough guess to prepping all the ingredients. Be sure to measure all ingredients exactly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Notes: 1 medium onion is about a cup; 2 medium stalks celery is about 1 cup; 1 lb pkg carrots is about 4 cups; 5 medium potatoes is about 8 cups.
- 2Combine all ingredients except bacon and onion in large pot.
- 3Cook over medium heat until soft.
- 4Cut bacon into small pieces and fry in skillet.
- 5Remove bacon and cook onion in bacon grease until soft.
- 6Add bacon and onion to bean mixture and heat until it simmers.
- 7Taste for salt and pepper.
- 8Remove bay leaves before putting in jars.
- 9Fill hot mixture into sterilized jars, filling to within 1" of tops of jars.
- 10Pressure can 1 hour at 10 lbs.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Navy Bean & Bacon Soup (Canning)
Serving Size: 1 (8508 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1019.8
- Calories from Fat 477
- Total Fat 53.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1278.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 32.2 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 41.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper