Recipe by Ceezie
This recipe is from Hell's Backbone Grill in Boulder, UT.
Top Review by Diane S.
I did not like this peach crisp at all. I used fine cornmeal, as a reviewer advised, but I just did not care for the cornmeal-pine nut flavors with the delicious fresh peaches I was using, and it was too sweet even though I did reduce the sugar. I am tossing out this recipe and reverting to my traditional peach crisp!
- 7 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Butter an 10 x 8-inch baking dish.
- To prepare filling, combine peaches, sugar, flour and lemon juice in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix it well so no little flour remain. Spread fruit mixture evenly in pan.
- To prepare topping, combine flour, cornmeal sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Using your fingers or the paddle attachment of a mixer, work butter into ingredients so the mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in pint nuts.
- Cover evenly with topping. Set pan on a baking sheet to catch any juices that spill over. Bake 45 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling and tender to a fork and the topping is golden in color.