Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My adopted father is a Navajo and this recipe was the first he made for us one thanksgiving. it is perfect for winter as it is hearty and comforting. it makes my Thanksgiving table every year
- 1⁄2 cup dried pinto bean
- 1⁄2 cup coarse grits
- 1 lb venison
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 lb pumpkin or 1 lb butternut squash
- 1 cup jeruselum artichoke
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 3 cups water
- Cut vension into cubes and brown in a dutch oven.
- Cut Pumpkin or squash into cubes.
- ground walnuts into a fine powder.
- add all ingredients into dutch oven and simmer 3-4 hours until meat and veggies are tender.