Recipe by kamekazicowgirl
Similar to the Navajo Fry Bread featured on Emeril LaGassi's cooking show, but we used milk instead of water, which results in a softer bread with richer flavor.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add warm milk and oil to dry ingredients. Knead until dough is soft and does not stick to the bowl.
- Shape dough into small balls.
- Let sit for 45 minutes. Pat or roll out until dough is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and is round. Make a small hole in the center of the round.
- Heat 6 cups of vegetable oil in a heavy frying pan.
- Carefully put rounds into hot oil one at a time.
- Cook until brown, turn and cook until brown on other side.
- Drain on paper towels.