1/1 Photo of Navajo Fried Bread
A desert similar to sopapias. Very tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Add water to make a soft dough, knead lightly.
- 3Make 1 inch balls of dough and roll / pat into flat circle (a tortilla shape)1/4 inch thick.
- 4Heat shortening in a frying pan until very hot. If you flick a drop of water into the oil and it makes that popping noise, you'll know its hot)
- 5Gently place dough into oil and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- 6Sprinkle fried bread with powdered sugar and drizzle honey of the top.
- 7Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Navajo Fried Bread
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 285.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g