Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
A super yummy syrup for those fun or special mornings. Received by Stephanie.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Bring first three ingredients to a boil for 2 minutes. Remove and add the remaining ingredients.
- Make sure it is in a large pot-- the soda will make it froth up.
- I have also used reconstituted butter milk powder and it tastes just as good.
- Serve this on pancakes or waffles. It has a great caramel/maple flavor. YUM!
- I store it in the fridge if I have leftovers. I really don’t know how long it lasts though.
I am not a maple syrup lover, but was leary about using imitation maple "flavor". I cut the recipe in half and that was good, bcz it really does foam up a lot! I used butter (when I usu. use marg.) bcz I can control the amount of syrup I use. This was quite good. Just the right amount of maple flavor and very buttery tasting. Now I have a syrup to use on my pancakes.