Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from an old Miracle Whip recipe booklet. (Miracle Whip lovers unite! Lol) Although I'm a fan of both Miracle Whip and mayonnaise, and use them interchangeably according to what I'm making, or what I have a taste for, the "tangy zip" really adds to this refreshing tuna salad.
- 177.44 ml Miracle Whip or 177.44 ml Miracle Whip light
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 0 chopped cucumber
- 29.58 ml finely chopped onions
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 2.46 ml dried dill weed
- 2 (368.54 g) can solid white tuna, drained, flaked
- mixed fresh salad greens
- Peel eggs and slice in half. Remove yolks to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate. Chop egg whites.
- Combine Miracle Whip, sour cream, cucumbers, onions, chopped egg whites and dill weed; mix well. Cover; chill for at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- To serve, line salad plates with mixed greens. Cover with tuna. Top tuna with salad dressing mixture and sieved egg yolks. Garnish as desired.
- Note: To sieve egg yolks, place yolk in small wire strainer. Using back of spoon, gently push yolk through strainer.