Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
It's naughty... just cause ya might nip a little of the vermouth while you are making this! A rich creamy sauce to serve over seafood, chicken, or just with fresh bread for dipping!
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup dry vermouth
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch with milk. Set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, bring vermouth to a boil and cook until only 1-2 tbs remain in sauce pan (just eyeball it).
- Slowly add in cream, Old Bay, and garlic, whisking constantly until mixture just comes to a boil. Do not burn.
- While whisking sauce, immediately add cornstarch mixture; continue whisking over heat until mixture just comes to a boil.
- Boil 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Add cheese, stirring constantly until sauce is smooth and creamy.