1 hr 25 mins
Sugar Free Mud Cake...chocolatey yumminess without the dirty feeling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g dark cooking chocolate
- 1/2 cup light margarine or 1/2 cup light butter
- 1 cup Natvia
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup Natvia
- 2 teaspoons light margarine or 2 teaspoons light butter
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C.
- 2Place the chocolate, margarine/butter, Natvia, coffee and water into a large microwave-safe dish and microwave on medium-low for 2 minutes to melt the chocolate.
- 3Stir the ingredients then return them to microwave for another 2 minutes on medium-low. Stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- 4Beat the egg whites then add them to the chocolate mix along with the apple sauce. Sift all the self-raising flour and cocoa into bowl then gently stir ingredients until they are combined.
- 5Pour the mixture into 19cm round cake tin coated with cooking spray and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly pressed in the centre.
- 6Allow the cake to cool on a cooling rack, then spread the icing over the cake.
- 7Note: mud cakes can sometimes crack on the top. Any cracks can be covered up with the icing.
- 8Grind the Natvia into a fine power using a mortar and pestle.
- 9Put the ground Natvia into a bowl and sift in the cocoa.
- 10Add margarine/butter and milk until a smooth icing is made.
- 11Spread the icing over the cake, then refrigerate.
- 12Tip - for a thicker and milkier icing, add light milk powder to the icing mix.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Natvia Mud Cake
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: