Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Healthy chocolate chip cookies? Yes! Maybe you can't consider these a health food, but they are healthier than most cookies. With this mixture of "good" and "bad" for you ingredients, you'll think you are only being "bad" and indulging :)
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 177.44 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 295.73 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 340.19 g semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 118.29 ml salted sunflower seeds
- 59.14 ml sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar, beating on low until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Combine flours, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheets and remove to cool completely on wire racks.