Healthy chocolate chip cookies? Yes! Maybe you can't consider these a health food, but they are healthier than most cookies. With this mixture of "good" and "bad" for you ingredients, you'll think you are only being "bad" and indulging :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup salted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cream butter and sugar, beating on low until light and fluffy.
- 3Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- 4Combine flours, baking powder, soda and salt.
- 5Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, beating well.
- 6Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 7Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- 8Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 9Cool slightly on cookie sheets and remove to cool completely on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nature's Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 50.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g