Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Healthy chocolate chip cookies? Yes! Maybe you can't consider these a health food, but they are healthier than most cookies. With this mixture of "good" and "bad" for you ingredients, you'll think you are only being "bad" and indulging :)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup salted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar, beating on low until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Combine flours, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheets and remove to cool completely on wire racks.