Recipe by yogi
A no-cook "cake" made in your processor with carrots, nuts, oats, and fruit. This does not have a real cake texture, it's more like a dessert loaf. I made this for myself for Easter dessert and loved it. Even hubby enjoyed it! Cook time is refrigerating time.
Top Review by mliss29
I made some cashew butter and used more cashews instead of almonds (the almonds I bought turned out to be roasted and I was going for a "raw" cake). I made the applesauce myself too. I decided that I need a bigger food processor asap, because even dividing into two half-batches almost overwhelmed the little one I have. I would like to make this again, trying different things. Like almonds! lol. Thanks! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag.
- 236.59 ml oats
- 236.59 ml ground almonds
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml shredded coconut (I used unsweetened)
- 44.37 ml applesauce
- 118.29 ml nut butter (I used walnut and almond butters)
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml dates
- 709.77 ml shredded carrots
- artificial sweetener (stevia, maple syrup, whatever you like.)
Directions See How It's Made
- First, use your food processor to shred the carrots.
- Then switch blades and add the raisins and dates to the carrots and process.
- Add applesauce and process till thoroughly combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and process till fairly smooth. Aha! No eggs so it's safe to taste now and see how much, if any, of a sweetener you'd like to add.
- Pat into a loaf pan and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Looks nice with some extra coconut sprinkled on top.