Recipe by erandolph327
I came up with this recipe by throwing a bunch of ingredients in a bowl... I do that a lot. It is really easy to make and I accidentally ate all of them when I made them....so yeah they are really good. Tip: It tastes better if everything is organic, but you don't have to, because I know organic food costs more. HEALTHY ^_^ especially if you use organic ingredients Feel free to add other ingredients like dried blueberries or something else you like that you think would taste good in this recipe. By the way, The cookies dry in the shape you put them in....so if you want heart shaped cookies, go for it. So the amount of cookies depends on how big you make the cookies. You don't have to use the 1 tablespoon measurements like I did.
Top Review by 842172
I wanted to try this recipe because it has none of the "bad" ingredients that go into cookies--no oil, no butter, no sugar. The result is a cookie that tastes very healthy, but pretty bland. If you like the taste of oats, you'll probably still enjoy them. Granted, I made lots of substitutions with my recipe which may have made a difference. I would make this again, but would add lots more fruit to to give it a more flavor. See what I added and substituted below: -Applesauce instead of apple -Skim cow's milk instead of soy -Walnuts as the only nut -Added Dates (highly recommend!) -Just raisins as a dried fruit -Added vanilla extract and baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix everything together in a bowl (in the order of the ingredients listed above). Stir until everything is all evenly coated.
- Place cookie sheet or foil over a pan. If you use foil, be sure to spread margarine or olive oil over it.
- Scoop mixture into 1-heaping-tablespoon size balls, and place on cookie sheet or foil. Or you can change it, depending on how big you want your cookie (Don't forget, the cookies bake in the shape you put them in).
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until they pass the toothpick test.
- Let cool and enjoy! -- and don't forget to turn the oven off =P.