Recipe by Perfect Pixie
Indulge in this naturally low-fat chocolate fudge cake without the guilt. You can even go up for seconds!!!
- 85 g dark chocolate, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup almond meal
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- pre-heat oven to moderate.
- line base and side of deep 20cm round cake pan.
- combine chocolate, cocoa and sugar with the water in a large bowl.
- stir until smooth.
- add egg yolks, whisk to combine.
- fold in almond meal and flour.
- beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until peaks form.
- gently fold egg white mixture into chocolate mixture, in 2 batches.
- pour into prepared pan.
- bake in moderate oven about 40 minutes.
- stand in pan 5 minutes.
- turn onto wire rack, remove paper.
- serve warm with icing sugar and dotted with fresh strawerries, also divine cold.