Recipe by bernettavan
I recently started eating gluten free, I had originally thought I was lactose intolerant, but gluten free made me feel SO much better. I have hunted all over for recipes for my sweet tooth, here is one that is not only sweet but could be made into CHOCOLATE Macaroons with a little ingenuity! This recipe was so quick, it took longer to take out and put away the ingredients than to mix it up.
Top Review by kittycatonline.com
I found this recipe to be simple, and quite amenable to customization. In my case, I subbed out the icing for 1/3 cup honey. The cook time was perfect, 25 mins at 325 f. yielded nice golden brown coconut macaroons that are already half-gone after just a few minutes out of the oven.
- 1 1⁄3 cups coconut, medium flaked
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix coconut, sugar and rice flour together, add the egg whites and almond extract, the egg whites don't have to be beaten, just broken up a bit with a fork.
- Drop heaping about a tablespoon full on a WELL greased baking sheet. Should only make 12 cookies.
- Bake for around 15 minutes at 325 degrees until the edges and top are browning.