Recipe by Jen T
As the title suggests this is an easy remedy for those all round ills that seem to strike when we least need them! This has worked very well for our family this year and I hope it will for you. :) You can also add the juice of a lemon and even the skin chopped as well if you like for added vit C. I do sometimes :)
Top Review by Roosie
Terrific natural remedy! Garlic is a powerful natural antibacterial and cider vingar and honey are also reknowned for their germ-busting qualities. Honey is actually highly antiseptic- no germs can survive in honey for more than a few hours. In any case, this worked great! I was coming down with the begining symptoms of what I could tell would be a terrible flu-like cold. After a couple days of taking a couple spoonfuls of this daily- Gone! Completely! I feel great; no sniffles, no cough, no sore muscles. This actually does not taste as bad as you might think it might. It has enough honey in it and I added 1 Tbs lemon juice so it does not taste like you're knawing on a clove of raw garlic, or taking shots of cider vinegar. I prefered it neat- I do hate watered down flavors and the acidity of this felt nice on my sore throat (sort of like drinking OJ when you are sick) and the honey soothed it. This is a remedy I will come back to again and again when I start feeling like I'm coming down with something. It worked wonders!!
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey (Manuka if you can get it)
- 1 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix altogether and allow to cool.
- Add juice of 1 lemon (optional).
- Take 1-2 Tablespoons either neat, or if preferred, dilute with boiled water, 3-4 times a day.
- Good to take at first sign of a cold, sore throat, sinus etc.
- Continue taking for a few days.
- Keep in a glass jug or container in the fridge.