Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My mom used to make this instead of pumpkin pie in the fall. It has great pumpkin flavor, and is so quick and easy. You can use squash instead of pumpkin, just cook it and remove all seeds and strings, and grind it until very smooth in your food processor. Just use 15 oz. of squash instead of pumpkin then. Eveybody who has tried this loves it, even very picky children who won't eat veggies. My husband and I have been known to eat a double batch by ourselves for supper. High in carotene, vit.C and vit. E..
- 15 ounces of 100% pumpkin puree
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the liquid ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into a 9 x 9 cake pan and bake at 350 for 40 min., it won't be completely set, but do not overcook. Eat warm or cold.
I love this. It is good warm or cold. I followed the directions to a T. My son and I ate the first batch for lunch, and I just made the second for dsert for supper. I highly recomend this to anybody who likes pumpkin pie.
This has it ALL over pie. Incredibly fast and easy to make, no trans fats (shortening in pie crust), lower in calories and every bit as delicious as a pumpkin pie - well almost. I did use 2tsp of my favorite Pumpkin Spice Recipe #66963 for the seasoning - even faster. Great recipe, cowbells27.