Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies with a natural peanut butter swirl. I used to think making brownies from scratch was hard, until I created this recipe. Easy and quick. Great for week night desserts. My kids were a huge fan of these! Bring them to your neighborhood pot luck and make sure to bring the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 -6 teaspoons of natural creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together melted butter, and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla, stir.
- Mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour brownie batter into a 11x7inch pan.
- Drop teaspoons of peanut butter onto the batter.
- Using a butter knife swirl peanut butter in a figure eight pattern.
- Make sure to incorporate the peanut butter through out the batter, but DO NOT over mix.
- Over "swirling" will mix the batter and you will not get the visual peanut butter effect.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut and enjoy!
I made a half recipe as a test and baked it in a small loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5 inches) for about 14 minutes. The sweetness was perfect for me (it is an "adult" sweetness that I prefer). This recipe produces a cakelike brownie and I prefer fudgy, so next time I would omit the baking powder, use less flour and I'd also increase the peanut butter for the swirl. This is a much easier recipe than those swirl recipes that make you prepare two separate batters that you then swirl together in the pan. Thanks for posting this ... it's a keeper for me!
Really liked this recipe. I liked the mixture of brown & white sugars--something you don't see w/ a lot of brownie recipes! I don't think I did as well w/ the "swirl" but I hope to do better in the future! I used a 9X9 pan & it took 16 minutes to cook. Thanks so much for sharing!!
These brownies were delicious! I substituted vegetable oil in place of butter. I used pure almond extract in place of vanilla.