Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies with a natural peanut butter swirl. I used to think making brownies from scratch was hard, until I created this recipe. Easy and quick. Great for week night desserts. My kids were a huge fan of these! Bring them to your neighborhood pot luck and make sure to bring the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 -6 teaspoons of natural creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together melted butter, and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla, stir.
- Mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour brownie batter into a 11x7inch pan.
- Drop teaspoons of peanut butter onto the batter.
- Using a butter knife swirl peanut butter in a figure eight pattern.
- Make sure to incorporate the peanut butter through out the batter, but DO NOT over mix.
- Over "swirling" will mix the batter and you will not get the visual peanut butter effect.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut and enjoy!
I made a half recipe as a test and baked it in a small loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5 inches) for about 14 minutes. The sweetness was perfect for me (it is an "adult" sweetness that I prefer). This recipe produces a cakelike brownie and I prefer fudgy, so next time I would omit the baking powder, use less flour and I'd also increase the peanut butter for the swirl. This is a much easier recipe than those swirl recipes that make you prepare two separate batters that you then swirl together in the pan. Thanks for posting this ... it's a keeper for me!
Really liked this recipe. I liked the mixture of brown & white sugars--something you don't see w/ a lot of brownie recipes! I don't think I did as well w/ the "swirl" but I hope to do better in the future! I used a 9X9 pan & it took 16 minutes to cook. Thanks so much for sharing!!
Not too sweet, not too much chocolate. These ended up moist and very tasty! This was filed as my favorite go to brownie recipe.