Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've always loved eggnog, even though I don't celebrate the holiday. My mother found this recipe years ago so we could have eggnog all year round instead of just buying the cartons in the supermarket on a seasonal basis.
- Separate the eggs.
- Set aside the egg whites in a container in the refrigerator.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks, sugar, rum, cognac, milk, and cream until smooth.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to serve, put the refrigerated rum mixture into a punch bowl.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold them into the refrigerated rum mixture.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top.