Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Won't harm pets or children and is completely natural using ingredients right out of your kitchen.
- 1 orange, zest of, large (use entire peel)
- 1 grapefruit, zest of (use entire peel)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (optional)
- 1 pint water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine orange peels, grapefruit peels, garlic, rosemary, and water in blender; blend until liquefied.
- Heat mixture on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Cool and strain liquid into spray bottle. Spray on pet, and massage thoroughly into pet's coat, avoiding their eyes.
- Vacuum furniture and carpet frequently. Change bags after each use or store vacuum cleaner outside of home; clean your pet's favorite sleeping spots regularly and sprinkle with fennel or rosemary.
- A ratio of 1 teaspoon vinegar to one quart water used as drinking water helps to keep most pets free of fleas and ticks.
- Spread leaves or shavings of Fennel, Rosemary, Red Cedar Shavings, Sassafras, or Eucalyptus under and around your pets' beds. Dust powdered Rosemary onto the pet or areas where the pet sleeps.
- Make a water trap by partially filling a shallow pan with water. Add a few drops of dish soap or the fleas will just swim out. Suspend light source securely above it. Fleas (and other bugs) are attracted to the light and fall into the water and drown.