Prep 1 min
Cook 20 mins
This is a second recipe I found when searching for a natural way to shampoo my dog when I found a few fleas on her. I have not tried this method as I used one where I had all the ingredients on hand. This one uses baby shampoo instead of the dishwashing soap. The vanilla will help to soothe the sting of the mint against the dog's skin.
- 20 sprig of fresh mint (including stalks)
- 236.59 ml water
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml baby shampoo
- Place the water and mint into a pan and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and then stir in vanilla thoroughly.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. Once it is cool, stir in the baby shampoo until bubbles start to form.
- Strain this mixture into a bowl to remove the mint leaves.
- Put into a squeeze bottle (leftover shampoo bottle) for easy application. Massage into dog's fur and let remain on the dog for 5 minutes for best results. Rinse dog's fur completely with warm water to remove all shampoo.
- Towel dry the dog's fur.