Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
A wholesome tasty treat made from only the finest ingredients.
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 3⁄4 cups dates (chopped and pitted)
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- For the filling, in a medium saucepan combine pitted dates, raisins, 1-1/4 cups water, and 1/4 cup of orange juice. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the brown sugar; beat until combined. Beat in the flour, baking soda, and salt until crumbly. Stir in the oats and 1 tablespoon water until combined. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Spread the filling evenly over mixture in pan. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture evenly on top, pressing slightly into filling. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 35 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. recipe yields 35 bars.