Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a healthy, delicious way to start the day. It combines my two favorite flavors, peanut butter and chocolate. It's a healthy version of a peanut butter cup.
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- stevia, to taste
- Cover oats in water and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, stir until well blended.
- Add cocoa and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Finally, slowly add stevia until desired sweetness is reached.
I've never been a big fan of cooked oatmeal but always want to try it again in case my tastes have changed. I figured if I was going to like any recipe, this would be the one - who can argue with peanut butter and chocolate? :) I guess I still don't like oatmeal much though. The taste was fine, but maybe the oatmeal I used was not the right thing because it was pretty mushy (all I had was Old-Fashioned oats). I used regular brown sugar instead of stevia but otherwise followed the recipe. I am glad I tried it but probably won't make this again. Thanks for sharing!