1/2 Photos of Natural Apple Cinnamon Oats Doggy Treats
Nadia NYC's Note:
Here's an easy, safe, natural and healthy treat that dogs drool over! Makes their breath smelling fresh too-- what more can a pawrent ask for? I found this recipe somewhere on the web and altered it a bit to make it more natural and healthier for our furry friends. The original recipe called for 5 cups of flour and regular powdered milk. I instead used non-fat powdered milk and used just 2 3/4 Unbleached flour and 2 1/2 cups oat flour. You can make your own oat flour by grinding oatmeal using a food processor or even a coffee grinder would do. I or should I say, my dog Coco gave them as gifts to her doggy friends this Christmas. They were well received and consumed in no time... by the dogs and their humans too! We have lots of doggy friends and this recipe yields a lot so this was VERY economical.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup apple (Peeled and chopped. IMPORTANT -- Make sure to Core, do NOT include seeds as they are toxic to dogs)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon parsley (i use fresh, chopped)
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups oat flour (or grind oatmeal in a food processor)
- 2 3/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1Pre-heat oven for 15minutes- set at 350 degrees F.
- 2Mix all ingredients together until the dough is less sticky enough to be kneaded with your hands.
- 3Knead for approximately 7 minutes.
- 4Roll out dough and cut into small fun shapes. You can place them n cookie sheet close together as they don't spread. (If the dough is a bit hard to manage, wrap it in saran wrap and let it sit in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes).
- 5Bake for 25 minutes or until brown. (My dog loves the crunch so I bake mine a little longer).
- 6Let it cool and serve with TLC.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Natural Apple Cinnamon Oats Doggy Treats
Serving Size: 1 (7 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 165
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 22.1
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.3 mg
- Sodium 3.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.6 g