Recipe by Goldie174
I got this recipe from Makiko Oda's cookbook(page 96) This can be for breakfast. Although I really dislike natto, my younger brothers love it. For one person this can cost 37 yen! (37 cents). Sorry, the proper measurements aren't listed for some ingredients, for dried bonito it says to use an appropriate amount. For the salt and pepper it says to only use a little.
- 4 -6 eggs
- bonito flakes
- 80 g fermented soybeans
- 5 green onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up the onions in little pieces and mix it together in bowl with the natto and soy sauce.
- Crack an egg into a bowl and add a little salt & pepper.
- Add the onions & natto to the egg mixture.
- Put oil on the pan.
- Pour 1/4 of the mixture into pan.
- Cook the mixture at medium heat.
- When the omelette is half cooked fold it into an oval shape on the pan.
- From the far side, turn it back over.
- Do everything from step 4 to make 4 omelettes.
- Put everything on a plate together and sprinkle the dried bonito on top.