Recipe by Brisket in Roses
My DH loves spinach lasagna and he always stated the only ones he has liked are the ones in restaurants, so I made this one up and voila! he loved it. And so did my co-workers, so I hope you enjoy.
- 8 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles (no-boil kind)
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 quart spaghetti sauce with meat (meat flavored)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 10 ounces spinach, frozen
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- olive oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw spinach and mix with Ricotta cheese 1 cup of mozzarella and the 2 eggs. Season with black pepper.
- Cook the ground beef and add the marinara sauce.
- Oil a 9X13 baking dish. Ladle some marinara sauce on the bottom. Add some lasagna noodles.
- Follow with marinara sauce. Add some of the spinach mixture, followed by more lasagna noodles.
- Continue doing this in layers. The last layer should be the sauce. Top with the rest of the mozzarella (I also added a little parmesan cheese on top so it could brown).
- Bake in a 375 oven for about 30 minutes. Garnish with the parsley.